Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Still Planning...

Hi guys! Sorry it's been so long since I have updated this! Turns out planning a wedding isn't as fun as thinking about planning a wedding. Again, I'd love to have more time for blogging, but unfortunately this is just a hobby for me for now, and I've had to prioritize my time differently than I'd prefer. Between wedding planning, changing jobs, DOING my job, a couple of gigs on the side, home renovations, and attempting to maintain a social life... I haven't had a lot of time left over for me. I'm hoping come June, that will change!

I'll go back and try to do some recaps on each individual piece of planning, but in broad strokes, here's what we have done.

We booked our DJ and Florist about a year out from our wedding date! We also began cake tasting, but haven't found a baker we're thrilled with yet (more on that later). In October, we took engagement pictures, and we managed to just get Save the Dates out this past week (I know, I know, it's a little late). What you don't realize before you get knee-deep in a project is that, often, you have to figure out certain components that seem unrelated before you can move on. For instance, we had to finish our wedding website before we could send the Save the Dates out because the URL was printed on them. Sure, we wanted our guests to go to the website, but we also wanted to make sure it looked nice, had relevant content, and was accurate. None of these place-holder paragraphs or "please check back later" messages that the incomplete pages were littered with...

I've also got my dress.

I know, big deal, right? The bridal consultant managed to pick something out! It was an ordeal, I spent a lot of time in wedding dress hell, and for something I didn't want to be such a big deal, it ended up feeling like a big deal. I think because this is my profession, it felt tied to my identity in a much more real way than I anticipated. Clothing is always a reflection of who you are, and a wedding dress is an extreme example whether or not it's your job.  But this is a story for a different post.

Bridesmaids have been asked, dresses ordered (and arrived), accessories are being picked out, tuxes are purchased. We're on our way to getting married.

With all that done, it would be easy to think we're done! Nope, not even close. We've still got to figure out our officiant, cake, invitations, and decorations, among other things. I'm probably forgetting something. This is driving me nuts. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the wedding, and I know the planning will be worth it, but it is definitely a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts in a respectful manner. Please do not link to your blog; comments with links in them will be removed. We can look at your blog by clicking on your username!